- € 10.00 Per Day + VAT
- € 24.00 Per 3 Days + VAT
- € 34.00 Per Week + VAT
- € 78.00 Per Month + VAT
- Electronic Lens Adapter
- For E-mount Cameras
- For Canon EF Lenses
- Partial Auto Focus support
- Focus & Aperture Control
- Speed Booster increase 1stop
- 0.71x Wider
- 1-year Warranty
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop.
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Optics designed by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent pending).
- Electronic integration of aperture diaphragm, controlled by or from the camera body.
- Partial autofocus support for late-model (post-2006) Canon-brand lenses.
- Powered by camera body. No external power source required.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo cam ball heads.
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply.
Image stabilization (IS) lenses
Electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L)
EXIF (focal length, aperture, zoom range)
P, A, S, M exposure modes
Autofocus (see autofocus support section below)
Distance and zoom display on VG and FS series camcorders (see note 1)
Auto magnify (see note 1)
Contax N mount lenses modified to Canon EF by Conurus (see note 2)
Contax 645 NAM-1 adapter modified to Canon EF by Conurus (see note 2)
Sigma, Tamron and Tokina lenses in Canon EF mount (see note 3)
NEX-VG900 (see note 4)
Lens correction such as peripheral shading, CA and distortion
Focus confirmation "chip" (e.g. Dandelion)
M42 screw mount adapters (see note 6)
Stacking non-Metabones/non-Conurus mount adapters on top (see note 7 and list of lenses which require modification below.)
Certain telephoto lenses (see note 8)
- Requires lenses supporting distance information.
- Autofocus disabled for Contax N and Contax 645 lenses.
- A third party zoom lens may need to be registered with the Smart Adapter first in order to detect its maximum aperture. Autofocus is disabled for most third-party lenses.
- This Speed Booster is designed to cover an APS-C image circle which is not big enough to cover a full-size 36mm x 24mm sensor.
- Sony NEX cameras cannot display aperture values beyond f/1.0. If a f/1.2 Canon EF lens is used with Speed Booster the resulting aperture is f/0.9 but the camera body displays f/1.0.
- Some improperly-made M42 screw mount adapters may short the electronic contacts of the Speed Booster??and cause damage to the Speed Booster and/or camera body.
- Many manual focus lenses (e.g. OM 28/2.8, OM 50/1.8, Leica R 15/3.5) have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Speed Booster?? They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Speed Booster Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Speed Booster. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions on Speed Booster??are not covered by warranty.
- Some telephoto lenses such as the Leica-R Telyt 560/5.6 may have significant vignetting in the corners.
- This Speed Booster is NOT fully compatible with full-frame Sony A7 and A7R. When Speed Booster® is used with Sony A7 or A7R, the camera will turn on the "APS-C Size Capture" mode automatically.
Autofocus is supported, with the following known limitations.
- Autofocus speed is very slow and inadequate for most moving subjects. The autofocus speed is unfit for professional use for sure, and it would disappoint most enthusiasts.
- Only Canon-branded lenses introduced in or after 2006 are officially supported. Autofocus is disabled for older Canon lenses and most third-party lenses, including most Sigma, Tamron and Tokina lenses and all Contax N lenses modified by Conurus.
- On FS series (e.g. FS700, FS100), autofocus may be available only in photo mode but not in movie capture mode.
- Continuous AF is not supported.
- DMF mode (direct manual focus) is not supported.
- For non-camcorder camera bodies (e.g. NEX-7), during movie capture, if the subject moves to a different distance, half-press the shutter release button to re-activate autofocus and lock onto the subject again. Since autofocus speed is slow, there may be visible disruption in the resulting footage.
- The first two autofocus attempts are used to calibrate the lens and as a result may not lock successfully on the target. Half-press the shutter release button again and autofocus will lock successfully.
- Autofocus may have difficultly locking onto subjects which are very close to the nearest focusing distance of the lens.
- Autofocus accuracy depends heavily on the working condition of the lens. Lenses with hidden problems which may not be apparent on Canon DSLRs will lead to inaccurate and unreliable autofocus on Sony NEX. Typical problems of this kind that we have seen include an unsmooth/erratic autofocus mechanism (e.g. getting stuck intermittently at a certain focusing distance), a worn-out gear train with out-of-spec backlash, a faulty/worn-out distance encoder or other faulty/worn-out internal sensors.
List of lenses with autofocus support on Speed Booster
Canon EF primesEF 14/2.8L II USM
EF 24/1.4L II USM
EF 24/2.8 IS USM
EF 35/1.4L USM (Ver.19)
EF 50/1.2L USM
EF 85/1.2L II USM
EF 85/1.8 USM (Ver.18)
EF 100/2.8 USM macro (Ver.17)
EF 135/2L USM (Ver.17)
EF 200/2.8L II USM (Ver.17)
EF 300/2.8L IS USM
Extender EF 1.4x III
Extender EF 2x (mark I)
Canon EF zoomsEF 8-15/4L USM fisheye
EF 17-40/4L USM
EF 20-35/2.8L (Ver.18)
EF 22-55/4-5.6 USM
EF 24-70/2.8L USM II
EF 28-80/3.5-5.6 II (Ver.18)
EF 28-90/4-5.6 III
EF 35-350/3.5-5.6L (Ver.18)
EF 70-200/2.8L IS USM II
EF 70-200/4L USM
EF 70-200/4L IS USM
EF 70-300/4-5.6L IS USM
EF 70-300/4-5.6 IS USM
EF 100-300/5.6 (non-L, not USM, push-pull zoom) (Ver.18)
EF 100-400/4.5-5.6L IS USM
TamronSP 24-70/2.8 Di VC USD A007 (Ver.15)
SP 70-200/2.8 Di VC USD A009 (Ver.31)
Tokina (full frame)28-80/3.5-5.6 (Ver.18)
Autofocus is DISABLED for the following lenses
Image stabilization (if supported by lens), auto aperture and EXIF work. Autofocus is supported only for those lenses marked with an asterisk (*), on NEX-5R/6, and with adapter firmware version 18 or above.
Canon EF primesEF 14/2.8L (mark I)
EF 20/2.8 USM*
EF 24/1.4L USM (mark I)
EF 24/2.8 (old version, non-IS)
EF 50/1.4 USM
EF 50/1.8 II
MP-E 65/2.8 macro
EF 85/1.2L (mark I)
EF 400/5.6L USM
Canon EF zoomsEF 24-70/2.8L (mark I)
EF 24-105/4L IS USM*
EF 28-70/3.5-4.5 II
Contax N modified by ConurusVario-Sonnar 17-35/2.8
Makro-Sonnar 100/2.8 (Ver.21)
Sigma (full frame)24-70/2.8 EX HSM
24-70/2.8 EX DG HSM
50/1.4 DG HSM (Ver.17)*
50/2.8 DG Macro
70-200/2.8 EX DG Macro HSM
TokinaAT-X PRO 28-70/2.8
Zeiss ZEZE Distagon 15/2.8
ZE Distagon 21/2.8
ZE Distagon 35/2
ZE Makro-Planar 50/2
ZE Makro-Planar 100/2
Loading data... please wait!
|Pdf not available.|
Loading data... please wait!
Loading data... please wait!